Use this quick checklist to validate your MAX integration before you launch your app:
- Set the relevant privacy flags before you start requesting ads. To learn more about privacy flags, see Privacy—Consent, Age-Related Flags, and Data APIs.
- Set up a listener for the AppLovin SDK initialized event before you initialize the SDK. Set the SDK key and initialize the MAX SDK as soon as your app launches. To learn more about the initialization process, see Integration.
- After you successfully initialize the AppLovin SDK, start loading ads for Interstitial and Rewarded ad formats. This gives you time to catch the winning bid before you show an ad. To learn more about Interstitial and Rewarded ads, see Ad Formats.
- When an Interstitial or Rewarded ad fails to load or fails to display, retry with exponentially higher delays up to a maximum delay. If you fail to implement this retry logic, you may miss impression opportunities and may lower revenue. To see sample code with this retry logic, see Ad Formats.
- When a user dismisses an Interstitial or Rewarded ad, load the next ad right away. If you fail to implement this step, you may miss impression opportunities and may lower revenue. To see sample code with this loading logic, see Ad Formats.
- Keep the banner unit on screen at all times in order to optimize performance for higher CPMs and better user experience. MAX controls the refresh rate to give you optimal results. If you hide the banner behind content, networks will invalidate impressions based on their viewability rules. To learn more about banners and MRECs, see Ad Formats.
- If you do not use MAX Unity Integration Manager, review Preparing Mediated Networks and use the Mediation Debugger feature to validate that you have all of the necessary configurations for each network.
To avoid problems, if you mediate a network SDK that you previously used for mediation (for example, if you transition from Google bidding and Google AdMob Mediation to MAX-mediated Google bidding and Google AdMob), create a new application ID or delete active Mediation Groups. If you reuse a mediator’s app ID this will cause crashes and discrepancies.
Why Am I Not Seeing Any Ads?
If you cannot get ads from the AppLovin SDK, review these common causes:
- Most often, the problem is that advertiser demand is not strong for your country/geo and app category so AppLovin does not have ads available for you. If this is the issue, you can get ads by using Test Mode.
- Make sure your SDK key is correctly configured in your app’s AndroidManifest or Info.plist and that it matches the key in the dashboard exactly with no trailing spaces.
- You set a frequency cap for the app in the Manage Apps section. Try adjusting the frequency cap.
- You are using rewarded videos but your device ID (Apple IDFA or Google Advertising ID) is disabled or missing. Enable your device ID by disabling Opt out of interest based ads or Limit Ad Tracking. For Android: Make sure you’ve integrated the Google Play Services SDK.
- You are using an old OS version: Video ads are not supported on very old OS versions (iOS < 5.0 or Android < 4.0). In general advertising demand may be low on older OS versions. Try using an OS version that is less than two years old.
If you still cannot get any ads, open a support ticket at our Developer Support portal. Please enable verbose logs and send the full logs from the app start, along with details on the ad type you are trying to integrate and other information that may be helpful in diagnosing the problem.