AppLovin SDK fully supports Apple’s SKAdNetwork attribution by allowing DSPs to submit signed clicks to the SKAdNetwork API. Please review the bid request/response specification for integration details.
SKAdNetwork attribution requires a SKAdNetwork ID which you can obtain by registering with Apple.
How It Works
- The AppLovin SDK retrieves the SKAdNetworkItems from the source app’s Info.plist.
- AppLovin Exchange includes the imp.ext.skadn object in the bid request sent to those demand sources that are included in the source app’s Info.plist.
- If the winning ad requires SKAdNetwork support then the bid response includes seatbid.bid.ext.skadn.
- If the user clicks on the ad, Apple considers the source app for install attribution using SKAdNetwork.
- If SKAdNetwork determines that the click from the DSP’s ad led to the install, Apple sends the postback directly to the DSP.
Creative Type Specification
The following recommendations show you how to properly handle clicks, according to each of the AppLovin-supported Creative Types:
When the SKAdNetwork (skadn object) is included in the bid response the
<ClickThrough> node is ignored. Use the
<ClickTracking> node if click tracking is needed.
AppLovin accepts click-tracking URLs via the bid response seatbid.bid.ext.clicktrackers array. This is supported on all SDK versions that support SKAN, but not on versions earlier than that. Only include this object when AppLovin includes SKAN parameters in the bid request. When the user clicks an ad, the AppLovin SDK renders the StoreKit, asynchronously hits each URL, and follows redirects (response codes in the 300s).
There is nothing special you need to do here; the AppLovin SDK handles clicks properly.
- Custom Product Page ID (available as of SDK 11.1.1) via ext.skadn.productpage.
- SKOverlay support added (available as of SDK 10.0.0). Note: Apple does not provide a callback for clicks on the overlay so AL and DSP click tracking does not work.