These specifications are ad format agnostic and apply to all ad types supported on AppLovin.
AppLovin recommends that you leverage the testing process to fully understand the user experience for the creative as served through AppLovin Exchange.
- Use HTML snippets, not full HTML documents.
- Escape HTML ad markup.
- PNG, JPG/JPEG, and GIF are the supported media formats.
- MRAID 1.0 and 2.0 are supported.
Inventory that supports VAST will pass the bid_request.imp.video object in the bid request.
- The VAST creative must be completely secure, including all tracking and redirect URLs.
- AppLovin supports VAST 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0.
- VPAID is not supported.
- VAST InLine and Wrapper
- VAST capable inventory is compliant with MRAID.
- Fullscreen (Interstitial and Rewarded) placements only
- Supported media MIME types:
- Not supported media MIME types:
- Flash (flv, swf) is not supported.
- Video file size limits:
- Max file size (iOS & Android): Recommended 2MB (recommended maximum file size is 10MB). Videos that are over 2MB can experience poor performance.
- If the request to retrieve the video file exceeds 30 seconds, it is considered a timeout.
- Both landscape and vertical video are supported.
- VAST-capable inventory supports companion (a.k.a. endcard) creative.
- MRAID companion (a.k.a. endcard) creative is supported.
- When multiple companion resources are sent, AppLovin uses the following order (if the first one fails, it tries the next one, and so on):