These specifications are ad format agnostic and apply to all ad types supported by AppLovin.
- Use HTML snippets, not full HTML documents.
- Escape HTML ad markup.
- PNG, JPG/JPEG, and GIF are the supported media formats.
- MRAID 1.0 and 2.0 are supported.
- The VAST creative must be completely secure, including all tracking and redirect URLs.
- AppLovin supports VAST 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0.
- VPAID is not supported.
- VAST InLine and Wrapper
- VAST capable inventory is compliant with MRAID.
- Fullscreen (Interstitial and Rewarded) placements only
- Supported media MIME types:
- Not supported media MIME types:
- Flash (flv, swf) is not supported.
- Video file size limits:
- Max file size (iOS & Android): Recommended 2MB (recommended maximum file size is 10MB). Videos that are over 2MB can experience poor performance.
- If the request to retrieve the video file exceeds 30 seconds, it is considered a timeout.
- Both landscape and vertical video are supported.
VAST-capable inventory supports companion (a.k.a. endcard) creative.
- MRAID companion (a.k.a. endcard) creative is supported.
- When multiple companion resources are sent, AppLovin uses the following order (if the first one fails, it tries the next one, and so on):