Some of the best times to display interstitial ads:
- As soon as possible
- Try to insert your first ad as soon as possible, where it fits within the flow of the app. This is probably the most important step to maximizing interstitial ad revenue.
- At natural pauses in the app
- Pauses may come between levels, after a failed game, or once the user reaches a certain point in a continuous game. These pauses or breaks in gameplay are generally the occasions when a user is most receptive to an ad, meaning better ad performance and higher eCPMs.
- Avoid showing ads at times when a user is very actively engaged in your app.
- Remember that if you show your first ad at minute five of a user session, you’ll miss out on monetizing the users who only spend one to four minutes in the app.