As of August 24, 2023, two-factor authentication (2FA) must be set up using an authenticator app. Existing SMS message 2FA will continue to work, but all new 2FA setups will be required to use an authenticator app.
Note that for your authenticator app to work, your authentication device (often your phone) and the computer running the site you are trying to access must have their clocks set to the same time. A difference in system clock times will cause the code generated by the authenticator app to fail.
If you receive a “Code could not be sent” message
If you attempt to log in using 2FA and you receive a message like the one below, it is likely AppLovin’s SMS messages are being blocked. This happens often for customers in China and Vietnam.
- Make sure you don’t have any ad-blocker enabled.
- Try using a different browser and a different device.
- If you received multiple codes, wait one hour and try again.
- If the above fixes don't work, open a support ticket at the Developer Support Portal and request to have your 2FA reset.
- For security reasons, this reset process takes at least seven calendar days, and may take more due to weekends and holidays.
- Once your 2FA is reset, you can set it up using an authenticator app.
If you would like to change your 2FA authentication method
- Existing SMS accounts can change to an authenticator app. Accounts on authenticator apps cannot be changed to SMS.
- Open a support ticket at the Developer Support Portal and request to change your 2FA authentication method.
- Note: This process takes several days in order to give the owner of the account an opportunity to cancel the process and ensure their account security has not been compromised by an unauthorized user.
If you would like to transfer your AppLovin account to another person on your team
- Open a ticket in which you request AppLovin to update the email address associated with your account. Please include both the old email address and the new email address, and make the request originates from the old email address. .
- Once the request has been completed, the new account owner should then follow the steps for setting up 2FA if it is not already set up.