Before You Set Up Your Account
- Your primary account email listed with MAX must be the same email address listed in the app store.
Integration Best Practices
- Avoid automating ad requests through scripts, bots, or other non-human entities.
- Avoid banner refresh rates less than ten seconds, to give users a chance to engage with the ad.
- Make sure your ads don’t draw unnatural attention, mislead users, or appear in places that may cause invalid clicks. If AppLovin finds a large amount of invalid activity in your app(s), you may be at risk for account suspension.
- When you are testing, do not click on your own ads or use any means to inflate impressions and/or clicks artificially. There are a variety of testing tools you can use to validate your integration without creating artificial traffic.
- Update to the latest AppLovin SDKs to take advantage of improvements and bug fixes.
- Double-check your ad implementations. Make sure they are free from programming errors and that you are sending ad requests in a timely manner. If you send repetitive requests for the same impressions, AppLovin may throttle your requests, which may put your account at risk of suspension.
Account Best Practices
- Your app should be live in a valid app store. Check that the correct package name is present in the UI for each app on the Manage > Ad Units page.
- Minimize the number of active AppLovin accounts that you use. Make sure your primary account email address is valid, ideally using your company domain and the email listed in the app store. You may be asked to verify ownership of the app from the email listed in the app store.
- Use accurate CPM prices for your networks within MAX that reflect the actual CPM paid to you by the network. The best way to do this is to enable auto CPM for non-bidding networks and/or to prioritize using bidding networks, which automates the updating of CPM prices for you. You can verify CPMs are properly reported within MAX with the network comparison report.
- Create an app-ads.txt file with AppLovin and your network partners’ line items included so that buyers can verify those ad sources are authorized to sell your inventory. Add your developer website root domain to the Domain field within the Account > Basic info page.
- Do not mediate MAX within an internal or third party mediation. As the AppLovin Publisher Policies make clear, this is unauthorized use of MAX that will lead to account suspension.
Live App Best Practices
- Discourage users from repeatedly clicking the ads on your app, to avoid invalid clicks.
- Do not encourage users through misleading or deceptive tactics to click on ads. Examples include (but aren’t limited to) directly asking for users to support your app, offering rewards to users for clicking ads, or promising to raise money for third parties for such behavior.
- Partner with a traffic monitoring company such as DoubleVerify to help you identify fraudulent behavior and maintain traffic quality.